Traveling By Car
- Take I-75 at Exit 131, Fort Myers/Daniels Parkway
(previously exit #21) heading West on Daniels Road.
- After driving about 4.9 miles, be in the Center lanes.
Where you cross over US 41 (South Cleveland Avenue), Daniels
Parkway becomes Cypress Lake Drive.
- Continue for 1 mile on Cypress Lake Drive. Move toward
the Left lanes. You will see signs indicating the direction
to Sanibel. You are approaching Summerlin Road.
- Turn Left onto Summerlin Road and follow for about 7.9
miles. At this point Summerlin merges into McGregor Blvd.
Continue another 1.9 miles to the Sanibel Toll Plaza.
- Pass through the tolls onto the Sanibel Causeway. From
here you should follow the “Once You're on the Island”
Once You're on the Island
- The Causeway is 3.4 miles long, after which you will
approach a Stop sign. Bear to the Right and turn onto
- Stay on Periwinkle Way to the end, for about 2.7 miles.
- Make a Left onto Tarpon Bay Road. Continue about 0.8
- Turn Left onto West Gulf Drive. Watch on your
Right-hand side for our Pointe Santo de Sanibel sign. It is
only a few hundred feet after your Left turn.
- The property address is 2445 West Gulf Drive, Sanibel
Island, FL 33957.
- Turn Right into the second driveway marked "Entrance". Turn left and follow the driveway past the buildings on the right. Turn right just before the last building and watch for the parking space labeled E-43.
- We're on the 4th floor. Make a right out of the elevator and E-43 is the first door on the left.
Tolls: When you drive to the island, you will need to use a bridge, the Sanibel Island Causeway, that charges a $6 / car toll for traffic going to the island. There is no toll for leaving the island.
Most rental car companies can sell you a weekly pass so that you can use the
Causeway, and other Florida toll highways, without charge. Without a pass, it's necessary to pay cash, which can be inconvenient. We buy a pass for convenience, especially if you plan to travel to and from the island often during your stay.
Parking: Once you enter Pointe Santo, turn left to reach Building E. There is a parking spot labeled E-43 which is reserved for our unit. No need for parking stickers.